Welcome to the DAC - Advice on church buildings and churchyards
The office of the Diocesan Advisory Commitee for the Care of Churches (DAC) has responsibility for progressing faculty applications and providing policy advice on church buildings and churchyards. The answers to many popular enquiries are available within these pages.
If you wish to make an enquiry please contact Caroline Hilton, DAC Secretary, on 07546 304341 or 01928 718834 ext: 244, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where appropriate, the DAC Office can put you in touch with churches who have undertaken similar work to any scheme you might be proposing yourself.
Authorisation of work to churches
- ONLINE FACULTY SYSTEM
- Do you need a faculty?
- Faculty system - a brief overview
- Faculty procedure - step-by-step guidance
- Statements of Significance and Need - essential for most faculty applications
- Submission deadlines for DAC meetings
- Public notices
- Frequently asked questions including funding / reclaiming VAT / safety / crime
- Gutter inspection and cleaning - unglamorous but essential
Advice on many individual topics can be accessed by via our Technical Advice section
Our Clergy housing pages provide advice on who is responsible for different types of works to clergy housing, as well as contact numbers for use by parishes in emergencies