Chester Diocesan Board of Education is governed by the Diocesan Boards of Education Measure 1991 which gives it the following functions:
- to promote or assist in the promotion of education in the diocese, being education which is consistent with the faith and practice of the Church of England;
- to promote or assist in the promotion of religious education and religious worship in schools in the diocese;
- to promote or assist in the promotion of church schools in the diocese and to advise the governors of such schools and trustees of church educational endowments and any other body or person concerned on any matter affecting church schools in the diocese;
- to promote co-operation between the Board and bodies or persons concerned in any respect with education in the diocese;
- such other functions not contrary to this Measure as are assigned to the Board by the diocesan synod, other than functions relating to church schools or church educational endowments.
The Board's constitution is governed by The Chester Diocesan Board of Education Order 2016.
The Board is a company limited by guarantee registered in England (no. 85176) and a registered charity (no. 525790).
The Board is a Trust Corporation.
The Articles of Association which govern how the company is run can be seen here.
Copies of our annual reports & accounts can be found on the Companies House portal or downloaded below:
- 2013 Annual Accounts
- 2014 Annual Accounts
- 2015 Annual Accounts
- 2016 Annual Accounts
- 2017 Annual Accounts
- 2018 Annual Accounts
- 2019 Annual Accounts
- 2020 Annual Accounts
- 2021 Annual Accounts
Members of the Board
The Archdeacon of Chester, the Ven Dr M Gilbertson
Revd J Piper
Diocesan Synod Appointments
Revd L Bannon
Mr P Bowden
Mrs M Cruxton
Mr D Cumberland
Dr C Gordon
Mrs S Hudson
Canon E Renshaw MBE
Revd S Morris
Mr D Walter
The Chair of the Board is The Archdeacon of Chester