Local Missioner Network
The Local Missioner Network is an informal gathering of ordinary people who would love to see our local churches flourish and grow as we discern the extraordinary movement of God. It is a new partnership between the Diocese of Chester and The Light Project.
You don’t need to be trained or an expert to join this network, just someone who would love others to experience Christianity and through it, Jesus. We realise that not everyone can manage to study on a formal course, so this network seeks to bring together mission minded people in order to equip and encourage us together for our local churches.
Maybe you have never completed a course but would love to connect and chat with others as you explore what mission might look like for you. It may be that your church wants to start something new and you want to get alongside some like-minded people with ideas and tips. Maybe you have already completed a course or have experience of mission or evangelism but find yourself isolated, uninspired or lacking in resources and ideas.
Whatever your motivation, the network gathers Local Missioners together once a month in the evening for a series of workshops, idea sharing sessions, prayer, worship and fellowship. We will meet at Foxhill - Christian centre for prayer, study and mission.
The meetings will take place from 6.30pm - 9pm on the following:
- 15th February - Setting the Scene/Questions/What is Mission and Evangelism today?
- 15th March - Prayer and Mission
- 19th April - Reaching Families with Young Children (Café Church/Kids Church/Messy Church/Who Let the Dad’s Out)
- 17th May - Reaching Young People
- 21st June - Fresh Expressions/Mixed Economies and Blending
- 20th September - Theology of Mission
- 18th October - Coherent Parish Mission Plans (The Field)
- 15th November – Growing Disciples / Retaining New Christians
If you would like to become a Local Missioner yourself, just start by exploring the possibility, or know of someone in your church who may benefit from attending this gathering, then please get in touch with us by calling Anne Cody at Church House on 01928 718834 ext 263 or e-mail email@example.com.