Privacy and Cookies

Retired Clergy Fees - Sunday Services

The fee payable to retired clergy (who are not licensed to a parish) and those holding PTO, whose names appear in the relevant sections of the current diocesan yearbook, for taking Sunday and mid-week services, baptisms and sessions of visiting during vacancies, sabbaticals, holidays and sickness cover in 2017 is £39.20 per service. This rate is payable for services from 1 January 2017.  Services held prior to this date (up to and including 31 December 2016) should be paid at the 2016 rate of £38.50 per service.  This fee is subject to review and will next be updated in January 2018.  These fees are not reclaimable from the DBF with the exception of those paid out during a vacancy.

The service fee should be paid along with any travel expenses at the HMRC recommended rate which is currently 45p per mile. Mileage expenses are not reclaimable from the DBF at any time.

Fees payable to retired clergy (not licensed to a parish) and those holding PTO, for weddings and funerals equate to 80% of the DBF fees for such services.  Forms for remitting the remaining 20% to the DBF can be found on the Finance: Parochial Fees page of the website.

If your parish is in a vacancy, please refer to the booklet 'Running a Parish in a Vacancy' (which can be found under both the Finance: Downloads and HR: Vacant Parishes sections of the website) for further details.
 

Share Page...