Wider community events can help a church be the heart of its local communities, in addition to the main Christian festivals such as Christmas, Easter and Harvest. Your church may well have further ideas to add to this list.
- First World War Commemorations 2014 to 2018. There is much taking place across the country
- Heritage Open Days September annually- the next one is 7th-10th September 2017. Is your church involved in this annual nation-wide event celebrating local heritage and culture?
- Ride+Stride September annually- the next one is 9th September 2017. A sponsored walk or cycle between churches which raises funds for a church of your choice and our county church trust, Historic Cheshire Churches Preservation Trust
- Village/town festivals. Be part of the local scene, for example an Arts Festival. Image above is Bollington Arts Festival at St Oswald's Church
- Voluntary Arts Week Could this be right for you?
- The Big Draw – a national drawing event every October
- Checklist Ecclesiastical Insurance have produced guidance, including a check list
- DAC guidance on events in church buldings and church halls, including licenses, health and safety and other practical matters
Return to Heritage homepage